Monday, June 8, 2015

Unresolved Conflict (Caitlin)

When I met Sofi again, my heart beat fast. My palms started sweating and I felt so anxious I feared that it might trigger another asthma attack, drop, or meltdown in me. The first time we met left me a certain outcast for the rest of my life.

It all started in high school. She looked with emerald envy as Steve held Vivienne's hand. I wanted Andrew to talk to me, but he was so shy and mysterious. It was rumored that he couldn't love anyone, but, judging by the way we looked at Sofi, I thought otherwise. I walked down the hall and, suddenly, I bumped into her due to my unsteady gait. She spilled her papers and I backwards.
        "Sorry!" I gathered them in my hands and handed them back.
        "You'd better be. You're just like Vivienne, aren't you? All high and mighty." Sofi looked down at me and snatched the papers from my hands. Little did she know that I was anything but high and mighty. As painful as school was, I just tried a little harder, stayed a little later, and laid low. I never wanted to be in a relationship as I feared hurting someone. Vivienne, though having prominent status
, never seemed high and mighty. If she were high and mighty, she would not have held Steve's hand 
when he needed reassurance or given me her lunch when someone stole mine, even for the sixty-third time. (I counted.)

Sofi tormented me for the duration of my high school career. From accusing me of seeking attention
to faking a victim status when I refused to let her copy my homework in exchange for x favor (which, according to hearsay and written records, she never kept her word on.), she had it in for me. I never remembered saying anything insulting to her. This, however, did not stop her. On my first day of school, she misled me to the restroom. I had an embarrassing accident that day and she laughed as I stood there. She even sabotaged my history teacher into giving me a lower grade than I deserved. Now, I looked her in the face once again. The same person  stared straight back at me with piercing green eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me feedback or give me death!