Friday, June 1, 2018

Cool For the Summer (Steve)

Mark and I met for lunch and, though the food was good, I hardly remembered it. He made me laugh and unwind in a way that I didn't think was possible. We headed to the mines, pickaxes in tow. The cold air of a cave makes me feel at home. I still miss Caitlin--I always will--but the way Mark talked to me made me realize that I like him in a way I never thought I would. I don't know if fate is actually something, but it must have been fate that we were friends. Can we be more than that? It seems that the answer is not if, but when and when is this moment and onward.

Mark and Caitlin were polar opposites in more ways than one, but similar in many others. Mark had the same inviting smile, genuineness, and warmth about him. However, he wasn't bashful about it. He walked like he owned the world. I don't know why he was nervous about me telling me that he liked me. If anything, I should be the nervous one. I shake before I face the camera or step on the podium. I stay up all night worrying about how I come off to others. Mark isn't like that, partially because he's not the face of the world, but something tells me that he would be better at it than I am.

I found a few diamonds, but they didn't shine as bright as Mark's eyes when he comes up with a bad pun. I need to get my sword repaired soon. A zombie groaned behind me, but a groan had alerted me that Mark defeated it with his two katanas. I returned the favor by charging a couple of skeletons and collecting their armor. The combat program at Mark's school can use some armor, especially since the seniors trashed the armory in support of banning compound bows and bows with automatic nocking functions on school campuses.

Since it was getting late and that meant having to fight even more zombies, I suggested that we stay at my place. Mark agreed and followed me. We removed our helmets and found an overhang to rest under and, as I started to breathe, I felt a hand making its way around my waist and a tugging sensation as I was tugged into a kiss. I tried matching the movements of Mark's lips the best I could and having played the lead part in Bugler's Holiday in the morning my embouchure had its warm-up for the day.
          "You're a good kisser." Mark was now on top of me. Blushing fiercely, I furtively agreed and we continued on.

When we got back, I waited to shower. Both of us have marching seasons to prepare for and that means not writing drill while sleep-deprived. I got both of us glasses of water, but, when I turned around, Mark wasn't there. After looking around, I caught a whiff of something that smelled like roses, strawberries, cinnamon, smoke, and many other things that shouldn't go well together, but did. What was going on?

I followed my nose to my room. I wanted to sleep, but, judging by the way Mark positioned himself on my bed amid some random rose petals, he had other ideas. The burning incense wasn't overpowering, but distinct enough to clue me into what Mark had in mind. His clothes were in a pile at the foot of the bed, so I followed suit and joined him.

          "How was that?" Mark was on top of me once again. He put his clothes back on and sat next to me. I would have said he did excellently, but I couldn't. Every part of my body trembled with a pleasure that I've never felt before. Before, I wouldn't have said that soulmates exist, but Mark had proven me wrong. When the shaking died down, I took my shower, put on my pajamas, and curled up in his arms feeling safer than ever.






<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B0cy530ZYu4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Give me feedback or give me death!