Friday, March 31, 2017

Getting it Done (Jordan)

Well, this whole magic sword thing was a lot easier than I expected. I just treated the sword parts and the human parts as necessary. Now, if this kid would polish or sharpen their sword once in a while, that'd be great. I pulled a fresh batch of butter cookies out of the oven and let them cool. There's no way Alex won't eat these. I'm probably going to have organic food moms breathing down my neck for the next month, but, since Alex sometimes won't eat at all, I needed to get some calories in her.

I went back to repairing a bow. The thing was simple and had some vine engravings, which usually represent longevity and prosperity. The bowstring had snapped right in the center, presumably from excessive tension. Generally, people who tighten their bowstrings too much are of a high-strung (no pun intended) nature while those who do not do it enough or at all are more laid-back. I threaded a new bowstring and tensed it to perfection. This person should be out having sniper duels with skeletons in no time.

I checked the clock. Assuming that the severe wind warning is just another overreaction on the media's part, Ali should arrive in no time. I put some cookies on a plate for Alex and took them up to her room. She took a bite. We'll visit another psychologist in about a week. The time window will allow Alex to sort through her emotions and articulate them more effectively. Outside, the wind picked up and roared angrily.

I found Ali waiting outside the door. Liz was as good as new, but, to prevent further problems, I threw in polish and an anti-rust treatment free of charge. They took the regalia and left, leaving me with a relatively fat wad of cash. Considering that the psychologist doesn't accept money from the blockchain, this would come in handy.

1 comment:

  1. Either way, wind or not Ali would show up anyways. Besides, they can teleport to some extent.

    ReplyDelete

Give me feedback or give me death!